Pampanga: Decawake Clark Cable Park

Located in Angeles City in the province of Pampanga, Decawake Clark Cable Park is the only cable park in Central Luzon. However, it is the second Decawake Cable Park in the Philippines. The first one was built in Davao a few years back.

I have been to Pampanga on several occasions and I know that the province is a  must visit destination for bloggers. The province of Pampanga is known for the Hot Air Balloon Festival and its numerous century old churches. Aside from that the province is also popular to those with adventurous stomachs. There are several restaurants with unique dishes made from frogs, crickets, and other things not worth mentioning. (I have lots of readers with weak stomachs but powerful imaginations.)
Ready for some action?

3 more years of doing this consistently and I'll one of those champions!

Nah! That's not me...
Crowd watches... looking for epic failures

They have a shop that sells wake boarding related stuff.

Did that guy just photo bomb my pic?
The area for newbies (like me)
The area designated for the big boys



However, I was unaware that the province also has a place for those who seek to chalenge their physical limits. I was invited by the Grade 7 PAREF Southridge School students and their fathers during their annual Father and Son Camping and it was during their challenging activities that I found myself in Decawake Clark Cable Park.


Dressed up and ready to go!

Waiting at the pre-departure area hahaha

It took me 2 seconds to splash down!

I have to admit, I was caught unprepared. I had no experience in wake boarding, the most challenging water activity that I tried was snorkeling. (Yup! that was quite challenging for me.) I was, on the other hand unwilling to back down from the challenge. I want my students to see how cool I am. But I doubt it would be so... Check out my wake boarding pictures below.

Well, it didn't turn out as I expected (and wanted) but heck I enjoyed every second of it. For those who want to show off (like me) and fail (like me). Here are the important details that you have to keep in mind:

Decawake Clark Cable Park is open from 9:30AM to 5:30PM everyday.

 Rates:*

Weekday rates:
P400 for 2 hours 
P700 for 4 hours
P1000 for a whole day 

Weekend and Holiday rates:
P500 for 2 hours
P800 for 4 hours
P1,200 for the whole day

*Basic equipment is included in the rates, but if you use your own gear, you'll get a 10% discount. The good thing about Decawake Clark Cable Park is that it's a good place to learn if you're a beginner. Don't hesitate to approach the operators/instructors in the vicinity.

Oh! and one last thing, don't forget your medication for body pains

Getting there:

From Manila, ride a bus going to Angeles City. From there you have to take the Friendship /Side Gate  going to barangay Margot. It will take you 10-15 minutes to reach your destination. You'll see the road going to Decawake Clark Cable Park on the right hand side. Head towards that destination and you'll see the towering cable lines on your left.

Ratings:
Crowd
Cleanliness
Overall rating



Comments

  1. Added this on my list of where to go in Pampanga because we visit the place soon or this coming summer. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Clyde!
      Yup you should try this one out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quezon: Sirena

Batangas: Shercon Resort and Ecology Park

Batangas: Munting Buhangin Beach Camp

Cavite: Tanza Oasis Hotel and Resort

Laguna: Bato Springs

Laguna: 88 Hotspring Resort and Spa

Batangas: Sombrero Island

Laguna: Sanctuario de San Pablo Resort Spa

Camiguin: Kabila White Beach and Giant Clam Nursery

Benguet: Amgaleyguey Vegetable Terraces