Agusan Del Norte: Sto. Niño Diocesan Shrine

Located in Maharlika Highway, Libertad in Butuan City, Agusan Del Norte, Sto. Niño Diocesan Shrine is unlike most of the churches that I usually blog about. Why? Simply because the church is a Post-Spanish Era church or let us say modern church.
Sto Niño Diocesan Shrine
Sto Niño Diocesan Shrine is also known as Sto Niño Parish or Sto Niño Shrine. The church was founded in 1986 and was declared as a Diocesan Shrine in 2000. The image of the Sto Niño or Holy Child that was brought to Butuan City by Ferdinand Magellan can be found in the church.
Church facade
I visited (actually passed by) the church after we drove my brother-in-law to Bancasi Airport for his flight to Manila. My visit was actually unplanned because originally, my goal was to visit the Balanghai Museum which sadly, was closed for renovation during our visit.
Church interior
Church altar
a very nice painting inside the church

one of the several beautiful stained windows
the left side of the church
the right side of the church
church confessionals
a view from the altar
Luckily on our way to the airport. I saw this "grand" looking church which I mistakenly identified as a Spanish built church. So after dropping my brother-in-law off at the airport, I insisted that we pass by the church. I was the only one who got down the car because my companions were tired. ( Now you know why I don't have pictures of myself on this trip.) I stayed for less than 10 minutes. I just said my prayers, took pictures, and immediately boarded the car. Several minutes later it rained very hard. Call that luck!

Getting there:

From Manila, board a plane heading for Bancasi Airport in Butuan City. From there board a van or a bus heading or passing through the city proper. The church is just several kilometers from the airport and is located on your right side. You won't miss it.

Ratings:
Pilgrims
Cleanliness
Overall rating


Comments

  1. GOOD AFTERNOON PO, ASK LANG PO KUNG PWEDE PO MAGTANONG KUN PWEDE PO MAG PAHANAP NG BAPTISMAL RECORD PO NI NENA YGANO LUPINA OR NENA DELIMA EGANO.ANG BIRTHDAY NYA PO JANUARY 14, 1957. PASENSYA NA PO WALA NA PO RAW SYA KAMAG ANAKAN SA LUGAR NA TO, KAYA PO DITO NA LANG PO AKO GUMAWA NG PARAAN, IKAKASAL PO KASI SILA DITO SA PARISH NAMIN. MAKIKISUYO NA LANG PO AKO, MARAMING SALAMAT PO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Pasensya na po hindi po ako affiliated sa simbahan. Pwede po kayong tumawag sa (085) 226 5567 para makausap niyo po sila.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Book your hotel thru KLOOK

Klook.com
Subscribe and get updated with the latest travel articles of The Backpack Adventures

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Collecting Eki Stamps

Patungan Beach - Cavite

Visita Iglesia Cavite Loop

List of Festivals in the Philippines: April

National Shrine of St. Padre Pio - Batangas

Top 10 Things To Do in Maragondon, Cavite

Imus City Plaza - Cavite

88 Hotspring Resort and Spa - Laguna

Shercon Resort and Ecology Park - Batangas

Barcelona Ruins Park - Sorsogon