Food Trip: Cabalen (ATC)

Our food trip today is all about an eat-all-you-want restaurant that focuses only on Filipino cuisine. Join me as we visit Cabalen (Alabang Town Center Branch)!

Cabalen (Alabang Town Center)

Cabalen History

It all started in 1974 when the Cabalen Family of San Fernando, Pampanga opened a small Bahay Pasalubong Restaurant. It focuses only on selling specialty food dishes. Later on, it grew into a restaurant called "Ituro Mo, Iluto Ko". Gradually the restaurant gained fame which leads to the establishment of the first restaurant carrying the family name in 1986.

Cabalen "Eat-all-you-can, Eat-all-you-want"

It was in West Avenue, Quezon City that the first Cabalen "Eat-all-you-can, Eat-all-you-want" restaurant was established. From then on the family opened more restaurants around the Metro and the rest is history.

Cabalen ATC Food bar

My first encounter with Cabalen was probably a decade ago when I use to pass by it in Robinson's Place in Manila. However, it was only a few months back when I first had a real chance to taste its dishes.

Cabalen soup and lechon bar

My first visit to Cabalen was when I was invited to a birthday party held in a branch in Alabang Town Center. I have to admit most of the cuisines would bring in memories of a fiesta in your province (that is if you have one). I love the dinuguan the most because it reminds me of my grandmother who passed away last year. However, with great food comes great expectations...

Drink-all-you-want anyone?

Before I begin sharing my observations, I would like to clarify that I'm not a professional food connoisseur. Any feedback that I write here is a fruit of my observations and experiences while eating at Cabalen (ATC Branch). Aside from that, I'm not generalizing the Cabalen food chain, again this observation is only about the Cabalen (ATC Branch).

So... Shall we begin? (Spoken with a Khan's voice... the one portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch)

Let's try out the food, shall we?

First of all, I'd like to say thumbs up to the fried kangkong and dinuguan dish and also the tasty (sweet) kamote ingredient of the halo-halo. However, I would like to point out that most of the food on the buffet tables is rather cold and unappetizing. The kare-kare, for instance, was almost empty when I was in line, but when I came back to get some I was disappointed to see that despite being refilled, it lacks the warmth of a newly cooked meal. The only hot food that's consistently served is the soups. I love the arroz caldo by the way!

The salad bar

Next stop... The salad bar, I'm a salad-person therefore, I could clearly see that the lettuce served are not of the best quality. There are several types of lettuce in the market and the ones in Cabalen are the cheapest ones. I know that salads are not originally Filipino (Unless it's paco or seaweed) but because it's served, the customers should deserve only the best. Despite my disappointment with the lettuce, I'd say that having green mango and bagoong in the salad bar is something that most Filipinos would be happy about.

The (in)famous comfort room

Lastly, I'd like to tell you guys that the male restroom in the ATC branch would give you the creeps (not to mention the loss of appetite). Why? Well, first of all, the restroom is decorated (let's say surrounded) with large mirrors. So? Who'd want to see their private parts when they pee? (and imagine if somebody would barge in, he/she would probably have a 3-way view of your privates even if you're not facing him/her.

Ella: Don't mind my dad! I like it here!

Why visit Cabalen ATC branch?

Overall, Cabalen in Alabang Town Center is still a must-try restaurant that would surely be loved by people who enjoy Filipino cuisine. If I were you, bring your grandparents along, they'll love it. As for young kids, better bring them somewhere else. 

Cabalen Buffet Price:

BRANCHES ADULT KID
Cabalen Filipino Buffet Robinsons Place Manila, P368 / Head
All-day buffet
P210 / head
4 feet and below
Market-Market Taguig,
West Avenue, Quezon City
P298 + P40 (bottomless drink,
Ayala Mall Subic, SM City Clark, Robinsons Starmills, Pampanga,
SM City Cebu
P298
All-day buffet
Cabalen Fil-Asian Buffet SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City
SM Megamall
P398
All-day buffet
P270 / head
4 feet and below

Trinoma Mall,
Glorietta
P298 + P40 (bottomless drink)
All-day buffet
Info from: www.cabalen.ph

Cabalen Branches: 

ALL FILIPINO BUFFET
WEST AVENUE 67 West Avenue, QC;
373 2914 or 372 3515
ROBINSONS STARMILLS G/L Robinsons Starmills, San Fernando, Pampanga
045 636 3536
AYALA MALL SUBIC G/L Harbor Point Ayala Mall, Rizal Highway, Subic Bay Freeport Zone;
(047) 251-1011
ROBINSONS PLACE MANILA G/L Robinsons Place Manila
536 7987
SM CITY CLARK G/L SM City Clark
045 499 0245
CABALEN FIESTA MARKET MARKET G/F Market Market East Mall, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
728-2930
SM CITY CEBU G/L SM City Cebu North Wing
032 2385840 0r 032 5050821
ALABANG TOWN CENTER G/F Entertainment Complex
Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa
809-6698
TRINOMA 2/L Trinoma Mall
901 3602
GLORIETTA 2 2/L Glorietta 2
893 9884




FILIPINO - ASIAN BUFFET
SM MALL OF ASIA G/L Entertainment Mall SM Mall of Asia
556 4874
SM MEGAMALL 3/L Bridgeway SM Megamall
633 1761
Info from: www.cabalen.ph

Ratings:


Crowd
Cleanliness
Overall rating

Comments

Post a Comment

Book your hotel thru KLOOK

Klook.com
Subscribe and get updated with the latest travel articles of The Backpack Adventures

Popular posts from this blog

Patungan Beach - Cavite

A Guide to Collecting Eki Stamps

Visita Iglesia Cavite Loop

List of Festivals in the Philippines: April

National Shrine of St. Padre Pio - Batangas

Imus City Plaza - Cavite

Top 10 Things To Do in Maragondon, Cavite

Barcelona Ruins Park - Sorsogon

88 Hotspring Resort and Spa - Laguna

Shercon Resort and Ecology Park - Batangas