Japan Diaries: Day 10

Day 10 December 28, 2014

A Visit to Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan


Good morning Japan! The weather is a bit unpredictable today. It rained a while ago then the sun came out, and then it's raining once again. Although it's a Sunday today, this weather makes planning for a trip hard.
Despite the confusing weather, our morale was boosted when Mr. Toshi cooked a very delicious breakfast for us. In addition to that, the soak in Mr. Toshi's hot tub rejuvenated me and added a boost to my morale. 

Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan entrance booth

At least I know I'm not a penguin

Check out the beautiful facade of Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

That afternoon, Mr. Toshi told us that we will be going to the mall with his wife. Little did we know that we're heading to someplace more enjoyable... and that place is none other than the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan. I expected to see only fish but there were also mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles in the Kaiyukan. These animals are located in different areas in the Kaiyukan. These areas actually show the microcosm of the different places in the world where these animals are actually found.

The Aleutian Islands... one of the several areas in Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

Mumble from Happy Feet

Andre from the movie Andre

Jaws!!!

Flipper and a co-star

Kaiyukan's most famous attraction -Destiny, Dory's whale shark friend

Among the animals in the theme park, I particularly liked the seals and dolphins but I was amazed when I saw the most famous fish (AKA the superstar) of Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan -the whale shark. It swims with the other big fishes in the central tank which is called the Pacific Ocean area. Aside from viewing the fishes doing their natural stuff (swimming of course), you could also watch some of the animals perform. During our visit, we were able to watch the seals perform their tricks. 

Going to see some jellyfish!

Touch it... Feel it!

Having fun before dinner

Ella with the beautiful Ms. Sawa

"Let's go, dad! Dinner time!"

After viewing the animals and even touching some sharks and rays, we bought some souvenirs then headed out to the restaurant area in the vicinity of the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan and had some dinner before going home. 

Team Nicerio in Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan. Thank you so much, Mr. Toshi!

That night Mr. Toshi asked us if we could accompany him to Wakayama Prefecture for his regular heart check-up. Of course, we are more than happy to oblige. It's going to be another adventure for sure. 

Comments

  1. Your pictures are nice though I get freaked out seeing species trapped in places away from their natural habitat. Wish they are in a good condition there. Wish they live a life as per their lifespan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shreya. The anmals in Kaiyukan are well taken care of. =) I have to agree though, some animals should be left alone in their natural habitats.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that even the weather was really unpredictable that day, bud you'd all manage to amble around. The Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is really interesting and I love that they don't just a own a different kind of fish, but there were also mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles. I will surely include this in my itinerary If I get the chance to visit Japan soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Reniel. =) You would surely love this place. =)

      Delete
  3. The child in me was envious after seeing all the animals on the photos. I haven't been to any ocean park close to this one. I guess it would be fun, especially for youngsters and the young at heart to see these animals up close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Kristyle. The place is really fun to be in. =) You should visit it when you have a chance to go to Japan.

      Delete
  4. It must have been so super exciting to meet the superstar mammals like Andre. I am sure my kid would go crazy at a place like this. Moreover, touching sharks and rays is like a dream...I am going to bookmark this for my future reference

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to that aquarium, though I've been to Osaka. I understand that this was from a few years ago, but was this your first time to visit Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ryan. Yes this was my first to visit Japan. Hopefully we get to revisit this year. =)

      Delete
  6. lovely post , warm and genuine . I had been to only one aquatic park in my lifetime and that was in Genova , Italy and reading your articles the memories came flooding back. These are great for children as a knowledge as well as fun trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I hope I do get the chance to visit that place too. =)

      Delete
  7. so i was not able to visit any aqua parks in osaka :) but i did in sapporo and nagoya.. i think same in your osaka experience, i was stoked... especially wen i watched the penguin show :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Wow! We're planning to go to Nagoya this May. Hope to see that one as well. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Book your hotel thru KLOOK

Klook.com
Subscribe and get updated with the latest travel articles of The Backpack Adventures

Popular posts from this blog

List of Festivals in the Philippines: April

Cavite Adventure: Tagaytay City

Otaru City Budget Day Tour Itinerary

Imus City Plaza - Cavite

A Guide to Collecting Eki Stamps

Patungan Beach - Cavite

National Shrine of St. Padre Pio - Batangas

Shercon Resort and Ecology Park - Batangas

Gifu Castle - Gifu

Barcelona Ruins Park - Sorsogon